Monday, July 11, 2011

Eternity in my heart

There are a lot of things I could talk about. But theres somethings that if you were to ask me about I'd want to talk forever. A lot of these things are what is found on my heart. Sometimes I like to wonder how big my heart is, like how much could I fit inside of it. Ecclesiastes 3:11 says, "He has put eternity in their heart." If you really think about it for a sec your jaw might drop. Eternity in our hearts? How can you fill something that is made up of eternity?

You might have realized this in your own life, that one day something or someone can be the biggest joy and love of your heart. But the next day your love is a little less and then you look for something else to make you feel that joy. I've experienced this type of cycle before but with other things its like my heart clings to and is sticky to them. These are things and people I care for and trust, who give me happiness and comfort, who I want to spend all my time with. All these experiences can make my heart feel confused.

But! There is one who I know who is able to fill that eternity within my heart. God created us with eternity because He is the only one who could ever fill it. Its wonderful to know that God didn't just make our hearts so we could fill it with tempory things but made it so we could have the eternal one Himself in us. This is the ultimate satisfaction of our hearts.

I'd have to admit this isn't always my experience but it does give me hope. Each day I want to make it my prayer that my heart is open and soft to the Lord. That each moment the Lord would infuse and saturate me more until He fully gains my heart.





5 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this verse and have never thought of it in this way. A heart with eternity needs eternal satisfaction. Only God satisfies forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That has been my experience too. No matter how awesome I think something is or how much I think it will make me happy or satisfy me, after a while I realize that I'm still not satisfied and I'm still seeking something. But this verse shows that we have eternity in our hearts! And nothing can satisfy eternity except the eternal one Himself, God! Thanks for sharing your experience Chris! :)
    Lord may You make your home in our hearts more today! Only You can satisfy us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is pretty cool. Another related cool verse is Ephesians 3:11. It says "the eternal purpose which He made in Jesus Christ our Lord" and the phrase, eternal purpose, literally means the purpose of the ages. I don't think I need to say too much more. These two verse are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. believe me, I tried - as we all do - to fill my heart with either things the world has to offer, persons, knowledge, etc, but NOTHING can fill my heart and satisfy the "eternity" in it! There's a "divinely implanted sense of purpose" in us, "which throughout the ages nothing, except God, can satisfy and fill".

    Every day we're learning this, to return to Him...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every human seeks change, but Solomon said that there is nothing new under the sun. Even electronics that Solomon never conceived are in the category of "nothing new." We need to look above the sun, to the One who came down out of heaven. Whenever we are seeking something new, it should remind us about HIM.

    ReplyDelete