Sunday, June 26, 2011

Morning Revival

This past week I went to a Christian conference in Austin. It was really enjoyable and I got a chance to see and learn a lot about my Christian life. One of the brothers who shared at the conference gave a message about the importance of morning revival. Morning revival simply refers to the first few minutes of your day when you contact the Lord. You can pray, sing, read the word, whatever you feel allows you to touch your spirit and contact the Lord the most. When you do, you'll find that whatever may happen throughout your day you'll be able to draw supply from that time you spent in your morning with the Lord. This morning a hymn I prayed really helped me to enjoy the Lord. It’s called Lord, keep my heart open and soft toward you.

Lord, keep my heart open and soft toward You.
Lord, draw my eyes to see nothing else but You.

Whatever may happen,
I know You want to gain my heart.
Though I may not understand,
Just keep dispensing into my every part.

Make me a believer
By looking at You.
Standing on Your Word,
Faithful and true.

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I really like this song! It is short and simple, but renews and refreshes your love for God. I especially enjoy the two lines. Both our hearts and eyes need to be pure and single.
    Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psalm 119:147-148 I anticipated the dawn and cried out; I hoped in Your words. My eyes anticipated the night watches, That I might muse upon Your word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I also really enjoyed seeing that in order to be revived in the morning we simply need the Lord, His name, His word, our human spirit and 10 minutes at most! And I agree that it's amazing how much this time supplies you throughout the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard this before. So pretty. Thanks for the link. Lord, gain our hearts:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, brother - every morning we need to spend time with the Lord... The Holy Word for Morning Revival is a useful book, but the point of our time with the Lord is to TOUCH HIM in a fresh way every morning. I personally love this song - and I keep telling the Lord daily, Lord, whatever may happen - I want YOU to gain my heart!

    ReplyDelete